This Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad recipe is filled with fresh broccoli and cauliflower florets, shredded cheese, salty bacon, sunflower seeds and coated in a creamy sweet and savory dressing. This salad so delicious and will be a huge hit at any get together!
This sweet salad is a perfect addition to any picnic, block party or pot luck! The traditional salad I remember having at those events was made with all broccoli. I happen to love cauliflower! I love it more than broccoli… So, I decided to switch up the traditional salad and use both broccoli and cauliflower. It was a hit and I’ve been doing it ever since!
Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad Ingredients
- Broccoli Florets
- Cauliflower Florets
- Crumbled Cooked Bacon
- Shredded Co-Jack Cheese
- Raw Sunflower Seeds
- Miracle Whip
- Sour Cream
- Celery Seed
- Broccoli or Cauliflower: I love this salad with both veggies, however if you prefer one over feel free to use all of that veggie.
- Co-Jack Cheese: Any cheese can be used: cheddar, colby, swiss, Monteray jack or gruyere are all delicious options.
- Raw Sunflower Seeds: If you can’t find raw seeds, you can use unsalted sunflower seeds. Leave them out if you prefer and substitute in golden raisins.
- Miracle Whip: Use your favorite mayonnaise, I prefer the tangy taste from the Miracle Whip.
- Sour Cream: Plain yogurt or plain Greek yogurt is a great substitute for sour cream.
How to Make Creamy Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dressing ingredients: Miracle Whip, sour cream, sugar, salt, pepper, and celery seed. Whisk together until smooth.