Here is the basic layout for the strawberry shortcake cheesecake. Below in the recipe card you will find the exact amounts and directions.
- Cheesecake crust. Let it set in the fridge while making the cheesecake.
- Make cheesecake. Pour over the crust and add chopped strawberries. Put it back in the fridge.
- Bake cake. Following the boxed cake instructions, bake your cake in two round cake pans and let cool.
- Frosting. Beat together the ingredients for frosting and set aside.
- Crumble. Mix the extra cake and crumbled cookies together with food coloring.
- Assemble. Layer the cakes with frosting and top it off with whole strawberries.
How To Store Your Cake
Since we have cream cheese in the frosting, this is a cake you’ll want to keep in the fridge. Keep it covered and enjoy within 4-5 days.
What To Serve With It
This cake needs nothing else with it because it is absolutely delicious all by itself. However, I can’t help but note how tasty it is with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream!